MM Oxford Study services
MM Oxford Junior summer residential programme offers great residential English learning experience in one of the most famous Oxford colleges.
The course syllabus offers English Language tuition at all levels from Elementary to Advanced (No Beginners) and is designed to improve both the oral and written skills of our students, enabling them to understand English easily and to give them the ability to speak confidently and fluently. The high academic standards we adopt are reflected in the quality of our Educational Programme, the wealth of qualifications and experience of all our teachers and the provision of an extensive range of up-to-date materials and resources.
All students take a Placement test on the first day of the course to assess their knowledge of English. Classes are formed on the results of these tests alone, although they are kept as multinational as possible. Age is not used as criteria for class formation. The class maximum of 13 enables students to enjoy full participation in the lesson and a high level of individual attention from the teacher. All classes/students are taught by three different teachers; a main teacher for periods 1 & 2, a second teacher for period 3 and a third teacher for period 4; each lesson focuses on a different area of language input and practice.
01 July – 14 July
15 July – 28 July
22 July – 04 Aug.
29 July – 11 Aug.
05 Aug. – 18 Aug.
12 Aug. – 25 Aug.
01 July – 21 July
15 July – 04 Aug.
22 July – 11 Aug.
29 July – 18 Aug.
05 Aug. – 25 Aug.
01 July – 28 July
15 July – 11 Aug.
22 July – 18 Aug.
29 July – 25 Aug.
Some of further highlights of the programme include:
- Small mixed nationality classes (maximum 13 students per class)
- Lessons are held Monday to Friday between 09.00 and 13.0022 periods of tuition (18 Hours) – five mornings and one afternoon per week.
- Student-centred and communicative lessons with a special focus on the development of speaking skills.
- Afternoon lessons for more advanced students are provided on special subjects such as British Youth Culture or the British Legal System, whilst the more elementary students have project and culture-based lessons, which strengthen their knowledge base.
- Provision of homework.
- Self access room facilities for self study.
- Course books are provided free of charge for the duration of the course.
- End of course Certificate of Attendance.
The progress of every student is under continuous assessment and students who make good progress are encouraged to move to a higher-level group so that lessons continue to be challenging.
- Residential accommodation is provided within the main site of the College. St Hugh’s College has large gardens and is located less than 2km from the City Centre.
- College bedrooms are mostly single, but some twin bedded rooms are available.
- Rooms are allocated dependent on availability.
- The majority of rooms have wash basins.
- There are a limited number of rooms with private facilities at St Hugh’s at a supplemetary charge of £85 per week.
- Bedtime is 22:30 and lights out 23:45.
- Bedding and bed linen is provided, students need to bring own towels.
- Students need to bring adapters for any electrical appliances they bring, e.g. hair dryers, mobile phone charger.
- The College has a computer room and students are advised not to bring their own laptops.
- The College grounds are enclosed and security measures including CCTV assist in providing a safe environment.
Meals commence with dinner on the day of arrival; the last meal included is breakfast on the day of departure.Students are provided with continental breakfast, refreshments for midmorning break, hot lunch and dinner, including vegetarian options at all meals, served in the College Dining Hall. A cooked breakfast is provided at weekends and hot chocolate and biscuits are served at bedtime.
Social & Cultural Programme
Every effort is made to ensure that students have the opportunity to extend their knowledge and experience of the British way of life by means of supervised activities in their free time. There will be an extensive programme for each course, arranged and carried out with the assistance of full time social organisers and the teachers. Sports afternoons, conducted tours of other University of Oxford Colleges, museums and local places of interest such as Oxford Castle or Christ Church will be arranged during the week. Full day excursions are organised on every Saturday and Sunday, to places such as London, Bath and Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Cambridge, Greenwich with Thames River Cruise, Portsmouth Historic Docks, Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick Castle. Students will be accompanied by teachers on all excursions. There will also be frequent evening activities such as karaoke, quiz nights, bingo, films and discos. Most activities and sports competitions have prizes, cups and trophies available not only for the best performances but also for students who contribute to the success of the activity.
Two weeks: £1666
Three weeks: £2499
Four weeks: £3332
Registration Fee: £55
- Tuition: 22 periods (18 hours) per week – 5 mornings & 1 afternoon. Maximum 13 students per class.
- Teaching Materials (not course books).
- Full Social and Cultural Programme: 4 afternoon and 5 evening activities per week, including sports, visits to places of interest in Oxford such as Oxford Castle, Botanic Gardens, Museums and Colleges, discos, bingo, karaoke, quiz evenings, games etc.
- All including entrance fees where applicable.
- Sports Afternoon Facilities: (twice per week) Tennis, Football, Badminton, Volleyball, Swimming, Basketball, Squash and Table Tennis.
- Free Full-Day Excursions: (2 per 2 week course, 4 per 3 week course, 6 per 4 week course) to the following possible destinations: Bath & Stonehenge, Blenheim Palace & the Cotswolds, Cambridge, Windsor Castle, Greenwich & a Thames River Cruise, Hampton Court, London, Portsmouth Historic Docks, Theme Park, Warwick Castle & Stratford-upon-Avon, Woburn Abbey & Safari Park. All including entrance fees where applicable. Packed lunch provided.
- Accommodation: in single and twin bedded rooms in residence.
- Sunday arrival and Saturday departure on all Courses.
- Full Board: throughout the stay.
- Placement Test.
- Certificate of Attendance.
- Assistance of Social Organisers at all times.
- Student travel and medical insurance as per schedule.
- En-suite Room with Private Shower & W.C. facilities: £85 per week.
- Additional Nights Stay: £100 including full day excursion.
- Complimentary Transfers & Transfers Price: On application dependent on point of entry and time of arrival/departure.